[How to] Type special characters on Android and iPhone.

Yet, it’s quite difficult to type special characters on Android devices and iPhone. I am using android and experiencing it. I usually launch Character Map and I try to locate the letters with little hats, dots, accents and slashes. From there, I copy and paste the letters that I need. This process is more complicated and time consuming. when I wanted to send special characters via text messaging. I wondered if it was even possible. Generally, I have low expectations for mobile device performance. Yet, it was actually much easier to type special characters on Android than it was on my PC.
So, what’s the secret? Basically, just press and hold the letter that you want to have a special character. Say you want to put a little hat on the letter “a”. You just hold the “a” key and wait for the menu to pop up. From there, you can select the special addition you want to add. like ogoneks, diaereses, macrons, circumflexes, tildes and strokes. Even if you don’t have an Android device with a physical keyboard, the on-screen keyboard should work.
Well, I had actually had done this before. Yet, I forgotten about this cool feature. Since English is my primary (and pretty much only) language, I don’t use accents too often. But the next time I have to type the words résumé or cliché from my phone, I should be more prepared!

And just for fun, I also tried holding down a key on my Windows PC keyboard. But all I got was this…

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is it, just press that key for a while and you will see all the special characters related to that key. Still have problems? Comment below, i'll try to make them out of you life.

1 comments :

Anonymous at: November 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM said...

How do I turn this annoying feature off? If I accidentally hold the key a bit too long while typing, this pops up and stops my progress.

Post a Comment

 
Punk Tech © 2011